Can you mail drinks to Canada?
Importing alcohol (including wine) is strictly prohibited unless it is being mailed to a Provincial Liquor Board or Commission, or to a manufacturer or distributor that is allowed to handle such beverages in Canada.
How much alcohol can I ship to Canada?
The Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) allows you to bring a certain amount of alcohol with you in your luggage for personal use if you have been outside of the country for a year or longer. You can bring 1.5 liters of wine, a total of 1.14 liters of alcoholic beverages, or up to 8.5 liters of beer or ale.
How do you send beer to someone?
Through all those packages I’ve come up with a few tips for success.
- Line Your Box with a Garbage Bag.
- Line the Sides of Your Box with Bubble Wrap.
- Wrap Individual Bottles with Bubble Wrap or Newspaper.
- Keep It Tight.
- Tape Every Part of the Box.
- Don’t Mail Beer in the Summer.
- Know the Rules.
Can I ship a 6 pack of beer?
Sending beer without a license is against shipping companies’ policies, so any trading you do is at your own risk. That being said, it’s common knowledge among people working for FedEx, UPS and even USPS that people actively trade and ship beer. It’s a good idea to open a shipping account with either FedEx or UPS.
What Cannot be mailed to Canada?
Coins; banknotes; currency notes, including paper money; securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; watches; and other valuable articles are prohibited in Priority Mail Express International shipments to Canada.
What can’t you ship to Canada?
Prohibited Items in Canada
- Fraudulent or counterfeit products or materials (e.g. lottery tickets, coins, propaganda)
- Live animals.
- Any goods that were elaborated in a prison.
- Inappropriate or pornographic material.
- Used mattresses.
- Second-hand cars and vehicles that do not comply with Canadian standards.
What can you not send through FedEx?
FedEx Prohibited Items
- All commodities valued over US$20,000 without approval.
- One-of-a-kind/irreplaceable articles such as artwork valued over US$500,000 each.
- Flammables with a flash point of 140 degrees Fahrenheit or less.
- Auto parts with fluids in them.
- Fine art.
- Fine jewelry.
- Pornography/obscene material.
Can I send a bottle of Whisky to Canada?
CANADA. We ship whisky and rum to Canada, delivery is 3-5 working days. Shipments to the provinces of Alberta & Manitoba are made via our appointed province liquor broker – delivery is normally within 7 business days.
How can I get alcohol delivered to Canada?
Larger services and alcohol delivery apps
- LCBO: All alcohol types, prices vary, delivered by Canada Post.
- DoorDash: Sealed beer, wine and cocktails from restaurants with delivery fee, under an hour.
- Uber Eats: Sealed beer, wine and cocktails from restaurants with delivery fee, under an hour.
How much can you send to Canada without paying duty?
You can claim up to CAN$800 worth of goods without paying any duty and taxes. You must have the tobacco and alcohol with you when you enter Canada, but the rest of the goods can arrive later by mail, courier or delivery agency.