What wine goes well with apples?
What’s the best apple for wine pairings?
- Red Delicious + Camembert + Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Fuji + Havarti + Madeira.
- Ambrosia + Brie + Rosé
- Braeburn + Gouda + Chenin Blanc.
- Gala + Emmental + Malbec.
- Golden Delicious + Gruyere + Chardonnay.
- Granny Smith + Gorgonzola + Merlot.
- Honeycrisp + Provolone + Champagne.
What red wine goes with apple pie?
3 Wines to Pair with Apple Pie
- Moscato d’Asti. To end your meal on a lighter note, pour Moscato d’Asti, a low-alcohol, sweet, fizzy wine from Italy that’s filled with notes of fruit blossoms and happiness. …
- Jurançon Moelleux. …
- Tawny Port.
What red wine goes with fruit?
Important Pairing Tips
|Light Red Wines|
|Apples, Figs, Grapes||Merlot|
|Blackberries, melon, cherries||Muscat|
What wine goes with apple crisp?
For those who think that apple crisp is plenty sweet on its own and would prefer a dryer wine, Gewürztraminer makes a nice match, too. The ginger notes and tart sweetness are a refreshing foil to the heavy, sweet apple crisp.
Can I eat apple with wine?
“With fresh-cut apples and cheese, I’d choose an earthy Pinot Noir from Oregon or Burgundy like the 2015 Domaine Drouhin Pinot Noir, with a silky texture and red fruits that blend with both the crisp and rich flavors,” McCaffrey says.
What kind of wine goes with fruit and cheese?
Fresh and soft cheeses love crisp whites, dry rosés, sparkling wines, dry aperitif wines, and light-bodied reds with low tannins. Wines with apple, berry, stone fruit, tropical, melon, or citrus flavors work best. Avoid big, tannic red wines like Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux, and Bordeaux blends.
What drinks go with pie?
The 6 Best Pie & Cocktail Pairings
- Raspberry Pie and Champagne: …
- Apple Cranberry Pie and Cider: …
- Cherry Pie and Red Wine: …
- Margarita – Lemon Meringue: …
- Pecan Pie and a Coffee Brown Ale: …
- Chocolate Cream Pie and Irish Coffee:
What kind of wine goes with pie?
Perfect Wine and Pie Pairings
- Pecan + Madeira. …
- Sweet Potato + Riesling. …
- Apple + Moscato d’Asti. …
- Pumpkin + Chardonnay. …
- Blueberry + Cabernet Sauvignon. …
- Peanut Butter Pie + Pinot Noir. …
- Chess + Gewurztraminer. …
- Chocolate + Port.
What wine is good with pumpkin pie?
Generally, what works with pumpkin pie are late harvest wines made from white grapes such as riesling, gewurztraminer, chenin blanc, vidal, muscat and even the red grape zinfandel.
Which fruit is good with wine?
The Best Fruits for Making Homemade Wine
- Apples make a light white wine that is best when aged at least 2 years. …
- Blackberries yield a bold red wine, best when aged 2 years. …
- Blueberries make a light rosé that is ready to drink after just 1 year.
What meals go good with apple pie?
Fruit pies are a favourite with practically everyone and compliment most main courses easily, particularly hearty fare like seared steaks, chili con carne and roasted chicken.
What wine goes with creme brulee?
Sauternes or Barsac
The most classic wine pairing for a crème brûlée is sweet white wine from the Bordeaux region. Both Sauternes and Barsac wines are made with Sémillon, Sauvignon Blanc, and Muscadelle grapes that have been infected with botrytis cinera.
What dessert goes with Riesling?
Thanks to its sweetness, Riesling is an excellent wine to drink with desserts. Its characteristic flavours of citrus, beeswax and flowers is a great match with many sweet dishes. The off-dry style or sweet style is good with lighter desserts such as lemon meringue pie, apple pie or berry desserts.