What is the highest rated Merlot?
1. Petrus, Pomerol The highest rated Merlot on our database is Petrus – no surprises there, it is also rated the second-best Bordeaux wine on our database, with only Château d’Yquem beating it. Easily the most important producer in Pomerol, Petrus is highly collectible and very expensive.
Which is better Merlot or cabernet sauvignon?
Cabernet Sauvignon is very rich and robust, while Merlot is a bit more delicate, and serves up a slightly fruitier flavor. And while both wines are considered “dry”, Merlot tends to be balanced towards a slightly sweeter flavor profile, making it easier to drink.
Which is smoother Merlot or pinot noir?
Pinot Noir has a stronger flavor and lighter color than Merlot. … Merlot has a mild taste and aromas of blackberries, blueberries, plums, and a few herbal flavors too with less tannin and acidity. It has a deep color as compared to Pinot Noir, and is smoother and soft. It has a higher alcohol content.
What is a good reasonably priced Merlot?
10 Best Merlots Under $25
- Beringer Main & Vine Merlot. …
- Cannonball Merlot. …
- Tenuta Valleselle Introl Della Torre Merlot. …
- Chateau Ste Michelle Indian Wells Merlot. …
- Columbia Crest H3 Merlot. …
- Crossfork Creek Cellars Merlot. …
- Frei Brothers Merlot. …
- Napa Cellars Merlot.
Which is sweeter Merlot or Shiraz?
Merlot wines are sweeter, but they are not sugar-sweet, rather they are fruit sweet, but Shiraz is more robust and masculine in flavors, and is more full-bodied.
What is a good year for Merlot?
|Vintage 1997||Napa 86||Drink Window Past peak|
|Description Ripe, opulent and supple wines|
|Vintage 1996||Napa 88||Drink Window Past peak|
|Description Best overall for Napa, with rich, structured wines|