What sweets go well with red wine?
Chocolate is a natural pairing for red wine, and your dessert can be as simple as offering a tray of chocolate truffles with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. Dark chocolate stands up well to the rich wine. A fondue made with dark chocolate offers variety for diners.
What dessert goes with wine?
Wine and Dessert Pairing Chart
|Dark chocolate desserts||Chocolate wine||Chocolate Shop Chocolate Wine|
|Shiraz||Torbreck Woodcutter’s Shiraz|
|Crème brûlée and vanilla-flavored desserts||Sauternes or Barsac||Château Coutet Barsac|
|Moscato/Muscat||Barefoot Cellars Moscato|
What drinks go well with dessert?
Drinks To Pair With Desserts
- Wine. Champagne and Berry Tarts. Lemon Bars. …
- Cocktails. Irish Coffee with a Molten Chocolate Cake. Espresso Cocktails and Chocolate Cake. …
- Beer. Mexican Lagers with Lime Desserts. Belgian Beer and Apple Pie. …
- Spirits. A Glass of Bourbon. Rum. …
- Other Options. Warm Cider and Salted Caramel.
What should you not eat with red wine?
Below, check out the foods that you should never pair with wine.
- Artichokes. Artichokes mess with the taste of your wine. …
- Asparagus. It’s hard to find any wine that pairs well. …
- Blue cheese. It will overpower pretty much any wine. …
- Brussels sprouts. …
- Chocolate. …
- Eggs. …
- Kale. …
- Soy sauce.
What chocolate goes with red wine?
Your Comprehensive Wine & Chocolate Pairing Chart
|Zinfandel/Syrah||Dark Semi-Sweet Chocolate|
|Cabernet Sauvignon||Non-Sweet Dark Chocolate, Cherry Infused Dark Chocolate|
|Red Meritage||Sea Salt Dark Chocolate|
Which wine goes well with cake?
Delicious Wine and Cake Pairings
- Red Velvet – Pinot Noir.
- Devil’s Food Cake – Red Blends.
- White Cake – Riesling.
- Lemon – Prosecco.
- Yellow Cake with Chocolate Icing – Bordeaux.