What is a good red wine to cook Italian food with?
Chianti and any tomato-based sauce are a classic wine and food pairing, but Chianti also goes well with steak or other grilled meat. Barbaresco is also produced from Nebbiolo grapes, but tends to be a more softer wine than Barolo.
Is Pinot Grigio good with lasagna?
Wine with Creamier Lasagna
Creamier pastas are easier to pair with, since a light red or white wine both do nicely. … Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, and other full-bodied wines are also great options.
What kind of wine do you have with pasta?
7 Wines to Pair with Pasta
- Cabernet Sauvignon. Cabernet Sauvignon is the most sought-after wine in the world, and it is loved for its highly acidic, savory character. …
- Pinot Noir. This light red wine variety goes well with tomato-based pastas because of its lighter structure. …
- Zinfandel. …
- Chardonnay. …
- Merlot. …
- Riesling. …
What is a good red wine for spaghetti sauce?
The best wine to use in spaghetti sauce is Chianti, or any wine made from Sangiovese grapes. Its moderate tannins and full range of flavors, from cherry to leaves to tobacco and sometimes mushroom, add depth of flavor to any red sauce.
Does red or white wine go with lasagna?
What are the best wines to add to a dinner with lasagne? If it is the bolognese version (with béchamel sauce and ragù), there is only one answer: the wine must be red – with good acidity, medium body and a soft, fruity flavor. The vegetarian or fish variants, on the other hand, ask for white, rosé or even bubbly wines.
What wine goes with veggie lasagna?
If you need a wine to pair with Vegetable Lasagna, you could try a Pinot Noir to go with it. (PEE-noh NWAHR): A red wine with red berry, cherry, cinnamon and cola.
What wine goes with turkey lasagna?
Recommended wines for:
- Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. wine type. white wine, dry. Sauvignon Blanc.
- Californian Chardonnay. wine type. white wine, dry, oaked. Chardonnay.
- Californian Pinot Noir. wine type. red wine, dry, oaked. Pinot Noir.
What non alcoholic drink goes well with lasagna?
Pasta: Sparkling water
Whether you’re team San Pellegrino or LaCroix, pour your bubbles into a chilled glass and tuck in. The slightly bitter flavor of sparkling water works well with any pasta dish and will make you feel like you’re dining in Italy.