What is a fancy word for alcohol?
Synonyms of alcohol
- aqua vitae,
- ardent spirits,
What are three reasons to not drink?
10 Reasons Not to Drink Alcohol
- Alcohol may lead to weight gain.
- Alcohol interferes with memory and learning.
- Alcohol increases the likelihood that you will use other drugs.
- Alcohol increases your risk of developing cancer.
- Alcohol can lead to liver disease and other severe, chronic diseases.
Is Spirits another word for alcohol?
But when it comes to drinking, spirit is a synonym for a very specific intoxicant: liquor. … Like many things in the world of alcohol, it’s complicated, and there are many competing stories.
What is a good excuse for not drinking alcohol?
Try something like: “I’m on a prescription that I can’t mix alcohol with.” “I don’t feel very well, so I’m skipping drinking for the night.” “I’m allergic.” (This is a good one if you’ve never met these people before and will never see them again.)
What are the positives of drinking alcohol?
Moderate alcohol consumption may provide some health benefits, such as: Reducing your risk of developing and dying of heart disease. Possibly reducing your risk of ischemic stroke (when the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing severely reduced blood flow) Possibly reducing your risk of diabetes.
How do you tell someone you don’t drink?
10 Ways to Tell People You Don’t Drink (Without Being Awkward)
- “Hey, let’s meet at a coffee shop” …
- “No, thanks. …
- “I’m DD tonight.” …
- “I don’t like alcohol.” …
- “I’m taking a medication that I can’t mix with alcohol” …
- “I suddenly don’t feel well; I don’t want to chance it with alcohol.”