Decanter has teamed up with London Wine Merchant of the Year, The Sampler, to hold an exclusive tasting of a selection of Trophy and Gold medal award winning wines from the 2011 Decanter World Wine Awards.
From now until the 11th December, The Sampler is dedicating four of their enomatic machines in each of their two London shops to display the best white, red, sweet and fortified wines from this year’s awards so you can try them for yourself.
Wine lovers simply have to go in and purchase a tastings card to be able to try each of the wines on show, including the Gold award-winning Bonachhi Brunello di Montalcino 2006, the International award-winning Lunae Vermentino 2010 and the regional award-winning Miguel Torres Late Harvest Riesling 2008.
The Sampler is also offering an exclusive chance to taste He Lan Qing Xue Jia Bei Lan 2009, the Chinese Bordeaux blend that shocked this year’s competition by winning the International Trophy for the best Bordeaux style blend – fending off wines from France, Australia and the USA.
Despite not currently being on sale in the UK, a number of bottles were secured directly from the winery especially for this tasting.
All the wines, except for the Chinese Bordeaux blend, are available to buy.
There is also no need to book at either of The Sampler’s locations in South Kensington and Islington, but the tasting event ends this Sunday, 11th December.
See below for the full list of wines that are currently on show:
White award-winning wines:
- Gaia Assyrtiko Wild Ferment 2010 Gold
- Jordan Nine Yards Chardonnay 2009 Gold
- Voyager Estate Sauvignon-Semillon 2010 Regional Trophy
- Steenberg Semillon 2010 Gold
- Dopff au Moulin Riesling Schoenenbourg 2008 International trophy
- Lunae Vermentino 2010 International trophy
- Waterkloof Circumstance Chening Blanc 2009 Regional trophy
- Tabali Reserva Sauvigon Blanc 2010 Gold
Red award winning wines:
- Akarua Rua Pinot Noir 2010 Gold
- Heinrich Zweigelt 2009 Regional trophy
- Saint Roch Chimeres 2009 Gold
- Bonachhi Brunello di Montalcino 2006 Gold
- Rijk’s Estate Syrah 2007 Gold
- Araldica Flori Barolo 2006 Gold
- Dominio del Plata Zohar Malbec 2010 Gold
- He Lan Qing Xue Jia Bei Lan 2009 International trophy
- Perez Cruz Carmenere 2009 Regional trophy
- Waterkloof Circumstance Syrah 2008 Gold
- Altos Las Hormigas Mendoza Malbec 2010 Gold
- Paxton AAA Shiraz/Grenache 2009 Gold
- Teso la Moja Victorino 2008 Regional trophy
- Scala Dei Cartoixa Priorat 2007 Gold
- John Duval Entity Shiraz 2008 Gold
- Grahams Crusted Port 2003 Gold
Sweet and fortified award winning wines:
- Blandys Malmsey Colheita 1994 Gold
- Dow’s 10 year old Tawny Port Gold
- Ch Laville 2007 Regional trophy
- Campbells Rutherglen Muscat Gold
- Fernando de Castilla Antique Amontillado International trophy
- Miguel Torres Late Harvest Riesling 2008 Regional trophy
- Seifried Sweet Agnes Riesling 2010 Regional trophy
- Dobogo 6 Puttunyos Tokaji 2006 Regional trophy